2011 - fabric of society
1. a cloth made by weaving, knitting, or felting fibers: woolen fabrics.
2. the texture of the woven, knitted, or felted material: cloth of a soft, pliant fabric.
3. framework; structure: the fabric of society.
4. a building; edifice.
5. the method of construction.
6. the act of constructing, esp. of a church building.
7. the maintenance of such a building.
8. Petrography . the spatial arrangement and orientation of the constituents of a rock.
1475–85; (< MF fabrique ) < L fabrica craft, esp. metalworking or building, workshop. See forge1 as in: forgery, fabrication, lies and deception.